The Daikin Group in Europe has several manufacturing facilities across Europe, so we need a supply base that is both competitive and innovative. In particular, the Daikin Europe purchasing department is looking for suppliers that can bring original ideas and solutions to the Daikin Group in Europe.
Daikin Europe Purchasing department
The Daikin Europe purchasing team has a responsibility for purchasing the required components both for the Ostend factory and all external production centres.
We expect our suppliers to be professional, transparent and responsive. In return, our purchasing team operates to the same standards.
We are committed to working with suppliers who adhere to our quality requirements as well as supporting our core values. This means that suppliers are expected to comply with our Green Procurement requirements and Purchasing Agreements.
Daikin Europe factories and production centres
How to become a Daikin supplier
The Daikin Europe Purchase team is continuously looking for new competitive and innovative suppliers from all over the world and has a strong belief in developing long-term relationships in order to maintain and further develop our market-leading positions.
If you are interested in becoming one of our suppliers, please contact us.
Electronic data interchange (EDI)
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the exchange of business information electronically between business partners in a structured format.
Because of the structured format, electronic documents can be transmitted from one computer application to another computer application without manual intervention. So EDI simplifies the exchange of business critical information between suppliers and Daikin Europe N.V.
Benefits of EDI for Suppliers
EDI offers a solution for fast and error-free communication between the supplier and Daikin Europe N.V.:
- EDI enabled suppliers enjoy a privileged position at Daikin Europe N.V.
- Information exchange is interactive and can be better integrated
- Quality of messaging is improved
- Administrative work is reduced as data is inputted only once
- Master data is correct
- Suppliers’ existing IT infrastructure is used more productively
Benefits of EDI for Daikin Europe N.V.
In return, Daikin Europe N.V. improves its supply chain flow through a higher level of integration with its suppliers:
- Improved Hi-cycle production reduces the lead time to one week
- Re-engineering of business process leads to reduction of workload
- Fast and accurate information exchange, with no double inputting
- Greater transparency and traceability in the supply chain
Daikin Europe Full EDI
The introduction of Full EDI between Daikin Europe N.V. and its suppliers has been split into a number of phases. This diagram provides an overview of how we see the future use of EDI. Phases 1 to 3 are already executed. Phase 4 (Invoices) is not yet planned.
- Phase 1: Sending Schedule Agreements
DELFOR (EDIFACT format)
CSV (DENV format)
- Phase 2: Receiving Shipping Notifications
DESADV (EDIFACT format)
CSV (DENV format)
- Phase 3: Use of Odette transport labels for internal reception process
- Phase 4: E - Invoicing